Monday 8 June 2009

About May Contain Geeks

May Contain Geeks is my web site about all things with Geeks as their primary ingredient; films, books, comics, games, gadgets and t-shirts.


FAQ

Here are the answers to some of the questions that might be on the tip of your tongue:

What is a Geek?

Geek - slang
noun
1. a person with passion and in depth knowledge of a particular field of interest; specifically in creative arts, entertainment or hobbies fields.

Okay, so there are some other more official, and more derogatory definitions [the one about chickens is particularly disturbing], but this is my take. You can be a Football Geek, a Train Geek or a Jimmy Choos Geek, but this website is aimed at my king of Geek. The one that likes D&D, Picard over Janeway and anything with a Bat symbol on it.

Who are you?

Hi, my name is Mark and I have been a card carrying Geek for nearly two-decades. I live in Manchester, UK.

What are your Geek credentials?


I have spent over 130-hours playing Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360, play RPGs every other Saturday, own 3,000+ comics, have seen every episode of Star Trek and The X-Files.

What sort of things will you post?

Previews and reviews of new and old comics, films, toys, gadgets, films and books. Links to interesting sites and resources from around the net. Comments on the latest Geek related news and anything else tickles my Geeky-bone.

What are the Gs?

It's my rating system [no relation to the Gadget Show, honest]; the G stands for Geeks of course. Every preview or review I write will be scored out of five Gs.


Geek and proud,
Mark Slattery, CIIC

No comments:

Post a Comment